Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Speaking of Vonnegut

George's post was such a coincidental lead-in, I couldn't resist sharing this nugget with you. Just this morning, I received a link to Kurt Vonnegut's August 6 article, "I love you, Madame Librarian."

In the article, Vonnegut rails against the current Homeland Security measures that impact the anonymity of library use (See related American Libraries post), and he praises librarians for resisting compliance.

At one point, he expresses such distaste for the current U.S. media--he claims that the only place he can get unbiased opinions is in books.

Surely e-books qualify...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice, Sorry but inthesetimes.com doesn't seem to display. I would love to see the Vonnegut article, I am a big fan and a library student to boot.
I may end up subscribing to inthesetimes in order to get hold of it...!Thanks for the lead.

Genevieve

Anonymous said...

I wish your successes ' continuation

Organizasyon Firmaları
Düğün Organizasyonu
Asansör
İskele
Kalıp
Uçak Bileti
Bayrak
Narrow Weaving Machinery
Kurye
Pdks