Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hp's Fingerskilz campaign

Has everyone but me seen this campaign?
HP's Fingerskilz.
I think it's brilliantly-timed, brilliantly executed, clever and has obviously made headlines. (Of course, the other most e-mailed stores were about tacos and ice cream--so go figure, it's summertime.)

Love the tagline, "The computer is personal again" and the idea that a bored employee created these movies while at the office.

Now, as a marketer, I think this is brilliant. As a customer, do you think it is brilliant--or duplicitous?

Why or why not?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would have been cooler if that little piece of paper had been real. Without, it's just "movie magic" which is no longer impressive.

Alice said...

Agreed. I was disappointed when I found out the fingers were actually computer-generated. But then, of course, I could marvel at the wizardry of the animator!

Anonymous said...

The hands aren't animated... just the ball. I still think it's a clever way to sell computers at a time when millions are being spent on the world cup. Compared with the usual rubbish i think they done good. I enjoyed it and I don't even like soccer.

Would I buy a Dell...? er sorry which one was it? oh yer, Sony. Probably :)