Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Trendspotting and PLA

The round of spring conferences is starting to gear up.

A week from Friday, March 14, I'll be speaking at the Connecticut Library Consortium's third Trendspotting conference at the University of Hartford. My title is "Unlocking the Walled Garden," and will focus on how libraries can move content into the public sphere more effectively, including through the use of open source software.

Joan Frye Williams and I will present "It Ain't Necessarily So: Challenging the Assumptions of Legacy Librarianship" at the Public Library Association conference. This program will begin at 8:30 am on Saturday, March 29 in room M101 of the Minneapolis Convention Center. (Believe me, we didn't pick the time!)

I hope to see you at one of these events, or at one of the four programs that I'm speaking at during April.

No comments: