Tuesday, June 29, 2004

BLOGBRARIES - Push Button Publishing for Libraries and Librarians

BLOGBRARIES - Push Button Publishing for Libraries and Librarians

I spotted this on the web site of the School of Library, Archival and Information Studies at the University of British Columbia (where my library degree is from)and thought it looked like a nice, short overview of blogging for librarians. If you read it, you'll note that the student who created this would put Alice, George and I are in the "slacker blogger" category because we're using plain vanilla Blogger for our blog. A true fact, I'm afraid, as we're learning to blog--and doing our day jobs as well! Here's some more links to thoughts and help on beginning blogs, from the University of Winnipeg; from a guy at Hewlett-Packard writing about the semantic web and blogging; from an SLA division; from MSDN; and an article on using blogging for reference service. There's lots of help and information on the web--I used "learning to blog" as a search term--now, if only I had time to read it all and become a better blogger!

No comments: