Friday, June 25, 2004

Ready or not

Here we blog!
I'm so excited. I've been in Orlando 2 days now, helping set up for the 2004 ALA Annual conference--but today the conference-goers have finally started to arrive. Tomorrow it all gets started with the OCLC Symposium. Cindy Cunningham and Dan Chudnov...both excellent speakers.

Plan to blog from the Symposium floor--but this is a loaner laptop. Sometime the coolest technology is priced just out of reach of the average technorati's salary! But I don't need to tell you that, do I? :)

Is Orlando full of aliens?
Aliens--the space kind. Not the INS kind.
I've only seen hotel staff, wait staff and tourists so far. Does anyone really live here? Have the distinct feeling that no self-respecting Orlandonian would be seen here unless they worked here. True?

It reminds me of Waikiki, done mainland-style. With no beach and a lot less Japanese signage. (I used to live in Hawaii, so I could say that with all kama'aina aloha.)

Tune in tomorrow--maybe I'll find an alien hiding outside the exhibit hall!

No comments: