Thursday, July 21, 2005

Juryland

Popping in to say I'm back from Jury Duty Land. I've completed my civic duty and can now say I have served my country as a bonafide Juror in the HOJ. (That's Hall of Justice for you uninitiated folk...)

Some of my fellow jury members were sequestered last night and got to spend the night in a hotel downtown. Big stuff!

Of course, now that it's all over, I am glad I did it. I got to try out the life of a judge, a baliff, an attorney, a downtown Columbus office worker, an Ohio state representative, many deli/lunch servers and even an innocent-until-proven-guilty criminal.

Jury Duty broadened my world view, as any good run-in with new people is prone to do. I met fellow jurors who were teachers, musicians, doctors, construction workers, professors, preachers, students, stay-at-home Dads, salespeople and more.

And without fail, they ALL thought it was cool that I worked for a library company!
(That and the fact that I had been pickpocketed in Rome by a pregnant 13 year old...)

No comments: