Monday, December 05, 2005

Alane writes as we introduce Eric

Speaking of Alane, she is taking a mini-sabbatical for a couple of weeks, to do some deep thinking, reading and writing on the next report. She has even offered to share the fun--so I have a stack of books (!) on my desk that I can't wait to dig into, too, over the holidays.

side note: the exclamation point is really in reference to the Perceptions report...and the idea that someone would do research in books instead of entirely in online journals, blogs, sites, eContent...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch
Alane will still pop in occasionally, but in the spirit of holiday gift-giving, IAG will also host a guest blogger, Eric Childress of OCLC Research during this time. Eric always feeds us good stuff from the back-end, and veteran IAG readers may recognize him from the Blog Salon at ALA in June...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, you guys pulled a post! my aggregator knows all, sees all...

Alice said...

I know, I can hide from no RSS reader.
But I wanted to wait until the official OCLC news release was up, lest anyone get the wrong impression about who is the tail and who is the dog.
At the risk of dating myself...a good nonsequitur quotation for the tail wagging the dog: "And who is the dog Harry? Who is the dog in this scenario?" First person to name this movie, I will send them...the link to the Perceptions report.