Friday, February 24, 2006

Mardi Gras weekend

Just in case you northerners forgot: It's Mardi Gras weekend! So hop in your car and head south. You've still got plenty of time to catch some good parades. Here's the Times-Picayune Mardi Gras planner.

I'll post a photo if my King Cake turns out. Or you make a cake and flickr it to us.

I just discovered today that one of my new friends has a Certificate in Pastry and Baking from the Institute for Culinary Education, NYC! (and no, this is not her real job.) So perhaps I will recruit her for some special assistance in the Cake-making area.

(If you haven't spent quality time in Lowe's, that last sentence will make not sense to you. If you HAVE spent quality time in Lowe's you will laugh and laugh...)

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

No comments: