Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Adventures with Alice

Hey gang.
Two new adventures I've done this week:

Wiki'ed
A loyal IAG reader just tipped me off to the ALA Annual 05 wiki for Chicago. I'd never actually (don't laugh) wiki'ed before, and I am pleased to report, it's as simple as everyone says it is.

eBay'ed
Along the same lines, I finally got around to signing up as a seller on eBay. I know, I know, millions of people have done it. But I hadn't.

And now I have. Now 4 people have a Columbus Crew hoodie sweatshirt on their watch lists. And 70 people have looked at it in the past 2 days! It blows my mind. It's so big, yet the system totally knows who you are, tracks what you're looking for and when you're looking for it. Lets you talk to other sellers and learn communally from the group...

Plus, get this--the more metadata you have, the better your chances as a seller. Now how's that for Cataloging 101 coming in handy?

Sounds spookily like some of our library-future-is-now conversations.

On to more adventures...like meeting up with the IFLA Fellows while they are here in Dublin and the May Members Council meeting.

No comments: