Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Blogrolling In Our Time

There are many weighty matters I mean to blog about but because they are weighty I need to be coherent and thoughtful as I write and I am not feeling either so will resort to an ouroboros post. We have here remarked on our collective uselessness at adding some of the features many other blogs have such as trackbacks and a blogroll.

I was happy to see a conversation about blogrolls on "Walt At Random" because the sum of it gave It's All Good absolution from having a blogroll. So, I declare on behalf of George and Alice that IAG is never going to have a blogroll.

One less thing to fret about.

2 comments:

waltc said...

And yet nobody mentioned It's all good. But I know exactly what you're saying.

And I agree, I think: For "It's all good," a blogroll would be a distraction. (As if the polka dots weren't distracting enough!)

Come July (or, rather, after ALA some time), I'll either mess with my pseudo-blogrolls or just get rid of them altogether. I'm leaning toward the latter...

Alane said...

Andy, as an OCLC colleague--and a marketing one at that--I am afraid to admit we blog for the love of it rather than the marketing benefits! Besides, as a well brought up person I hate the idea that I might omit someone from the blogroll that should be there. And finally, the truth is we still can't figure out how to set up a blogroll!

So, OCLC hires feral marketers...I didn't know that :)