Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Five Things You Don't Know (or Care) about Me"

This is probably the most egomaniacal title I've ever used in a blog post, but today I got tagged by Peter Bromberg, the Assistant Director of the South Jersey Regional Library Cooperative to participate in the meme that seems to have started last month on Jeff Pulver's blog. I've read Peter's list, but I'm not sure there are five things about me no one knows about me (or at least cares about).

Anyway, here goes: Five things most people don't know (or care) about George Needham.

1.) I once hit my younger brother Dennis with a shoe because he could whistle through his teeth and I couldn't. Despite this, our sibling rivalry seems to have abated after 46 years. And he's still a better musician than I am!

2.) Despite having been on Jeopardy and winning two games, I have never been able to get past the second level of the telephone quiz to qualify for "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" And I'd really, really like to meet Meredith Vieria.

3.) The fact that I'd really, really like to meet Meredith Vieria is the third thing you didn't know about me.

4.) I met my wife Joyce at an audition for On Golden Pond at the Jewish Community Center in Columbus. Neither of us got cast, except in each other's futures.

5.) When I was 8, I decided I wanted to be a bus driver when I grew up. When I was 9, my grandfather broke the news to me that the bus driver doesn't get to decide where the bus goes. That ruined that dream!

Next, I'm tagging five of my fellow OCLC bloggers: Alice, Alane, Andy, Chrystie, and Eric. You're it!

7 comments:

waltc said...

OK, that's one down for my five taggees--but, of course, I didn't name names. Just four more from OCLC's blogging pantheon to go...

Anonymous said...

Oh crud. I'd hoped to avoid this.

Well, Walt... George named names. Including mine. So I'm not sure if I count towards yours and his, or just his...

Feh on forced memes. What happens if I break the chain anyways?

Rosario said...

Does it really count that you've taken the easy way out and tagged your five fellow IAG bloggers? And, like Andy asked, what happens if the chain is broken?

George said...

If the chain is broken, the person who breaks the chain has five years of fallen arches, dandruff, and bad electoral results!

Anonymous said...

Well, George... my response is posted at TinkerX..

Such as it is.

- A

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could get a gig as a guest Renegade Shuttle Bus Driver for Midwinter...Oh, the places we'd go!

George said...

Maybe that's an opportunity, Rochelle. Many years ago (the statute of limitations having passed on this one long ago) several librarians and I hijacked a shuttle bus at the Midwest Federation of Library Associations conference in Indianapolis to take us to Ike & Jonesy's bar (http://www.ikeandjonesys.com/). We were young and irrepsonsible, and Homeland Security probably wouldn't think it was funny today, but then...*sigh*