Wednesday, December 13, 2006

SES Chicago and other distractions

"Helloooooo," she says, emerging from her rock. "Hellllooooo is anybody home?"
What a lovely rock it's been.

So in case you hadn't guessed it from the title, I've been in a week of Search Engine Marketing land at SES Chicago. I met lots of Googlers, Yahoos, Ask-ers and MSN AdCenter types. I rubbed shoulders with some of the smartest, savviest search engine marketers around.

Made some new Canadian, Australian, and Chinese friends. Learned a lot about Paid and Organic search. Will blog the coolest sessions for you, as holidays wind down. I will say this, for now: listening to the panel on Social Search talk about your company's need for trusted, authoritative information--I was about to fall out of my chair thinking about libraries.

We have such a valuable asset--trust and authority--now how can we use those characteristics to differentiate ourself in an online space?

No comments: