Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Care of Feeding of the Blogger

I can't speak for Alane and George, but I can say for myself, my inbox is littered with "cool stuff" that people send me from around the company as potential fodder for the blog.

Of course, a lot of it doesn't make it. Some does. Here are two are the cooler links I got today:

A story about Paul Topping, the pronunciation researcher for Recorded Books. And I would be remiss if I did not fully disclose that yes yes yes, Recorded Books and OCLC have partnered to bring Downloadable Audiobooks to the NetLibrary platform. I'm sure there will be additional audiobook publishers down the road--but this story goes a long way toward explaining why Recorded Books was our initial partner.

A story about the new library at PS 105 in Far Rockaway, Queens and the magic the kids feel in it. Kids love libraries. And who doesn't get nostalgic about their childhood memories of the wonderful place called the library? I get goosebumps (chickenskin if you're in Hawaii) just thinking about it. And apparently the Robin Hood Foundation makes it happen.


Keep those stories coming.

No comments: