Monday, February 21, 2005

Red Herring's "Top 100 Innovative Companies"

I am way behind on this. I used to subscribe to the print version of Red Herring. Then it ceased publication, then it came back but I haven't resubscribed, and for some reason I've not been checking the web site. Consequently, I only just caught their annual "Top 100" list here even though it came out in December 2004.

Think of the list as a heads' up...even if you've never heard of most of the companies (although I am sure you've heard of Hewlett-Packard, Google and IBM) the businesses they're in and the work they are being noted for are guideposts to possible futures and to technologies that stand a good chance of being important in our world.

Also, the article has a link to Red Herring's 10 trends they see dominating the tech industry in the year ahead....but right now the link isn't working.