Thursday, June 08, 2006

Diet Coke, Mentos and Book 2.0

I should write a longish, thoughtful and, of course, insightful post in a Roland Barthes-ian sort of way about the interesting jousting going on about books, their authors, audiences and readers. But I'm not going's links to a couple of posts on this Ideology 2.0 topic.

No, I'd rather point you at a 2-3 minute video that is brilliant and funny. NPR covered it. Two guys, 200 liters of Diet Coke and 500 Mentos mints. If this doesn't make you laugh, you need a vacation.

It did make me muse on something I've written about before: content chaos. Proliferating, hyperlinked, unmanageable, self-referential, unruly content that will never ever be wrangled into MARC records, and into OPACs.


K.G. Schneider said...

It did make me laugh, and I still need a vacation!

Andy Havens said...

What is it about certain videos, jokes, posts, etc. on the Web? This Mentos/Diet Coke thing has now hit my RSS feed and inbox *SEVEN TIMES* this week, between blogs I read and people emailing it to me. It's fun and funny, I grant you... but SEVEN? What's up widdat? How can I figure out that meme juice and bottle it?

Lennie Stovel said...

What k.g. schneider said

Eric said...

Alane, you heretic. How many times must I tell you? Everything can be fit into a MARC record ;-)

College Guy said...


If you liked Eepybird then you'll appreciate It's got a top 5 video section, pretty dope.

-College Guy

Anonymous said...

yay free coke! :)