Thursday, June 08, 2006

Diet Coke, Mentos and Book 2.0

I should write a longish, thoughtful and, of course, insightful post in a Roland Barthes-ian sort of way about the interesting jousting going on about books, their authors, audiences and readers. But I'm not going to....here's links to a couple of posts on this Ideology 2.0 topic.

No, I'd rather point you at a 2-3 minute video that is brilliant and funny. NPR covered it. Two guys, 200 liters of Diet Coke and 500 Mentos mints. If this doesn't make you laugh, you need a vacation.

It did make me muse on something I've written about before: content chaos. Proliferating, hyperlinked, unmanageable, self-referential, unruly content that will never ever be wrangled into MARC records, and into OPACs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It did make me laugh, and I still need a vacation!

Anonymous said...

What k.g. schneider said

Eric said...

Alane, you heretic. How many times must I tell you? Everything can be fit into a MARC record ;-)

Anonymous said...

yay free coke! :)