Friday, August 05, 2005

Yahoo's Audio Search in Beta

Here's one to check out: Yahoo's new beta of Audio Search. Yahoo claims to have 50 million music, spoken word, and other audio files available. The search function can be a little unpredictable, but the treasures you'll find are worth the effort. My favorites so far: Groucho Marx and Margaret Dumont singing "Hurray for Captain Spalding" and a recording by one of my favorite folk singer/songwriters, Lew London, who seemed to disappear after doing one terrific album, Swingtime in Springtime.

My iPod is going to be busy this weekend!

(Found on Slashdot, courtesy of CowboyNeal)

2 comments:

George said...

The previous comment was removed because it contained a link to a spam site. Sorry for the nuisance.

Anonymous said...

George,

Oh dear. Why oh why did you point us to this? I'm unproductive enough as it is...

I was, however, disappointed to find that Tonto's Expanding Headband, one of my favorite early progrock groups, was nowhere to be found. Gotta love that name, eh?