Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hello. My name is...

Aw. Thanks Alice. What a nice introduction. I had just composed this happy little intro of myself, which I was feeling sort of weird about because of the "self-promotion" discussion flying around the last week or so. You saved me! Thanks!

I like to call myself a "librarian, writer, and tech-advocate," mostly because I haven't figured out how to pull it all into a catchy phrase. My main professional interest is in building communities, full stop. As Alice mentioned, my role at OCLC is as WebJunction Community Manager. I consider myself the luckiest girl in library-land precisely because OCLC employs me (can you believe it?) to build community for librarians. Better yet, I get to do it online. I can't imagine a dreamier job. They also let me do cool stuff in my off-time - a bonus.

Since I joined OCLC I have near-idolized Alane, Alice, Eric, and George. It is an honor to be invited to join them on It's All Good. Thanks to you all for having me.

1 comment:

Janie L. Hermann said...

Good to see you here Chrystie. One of my favorite blogs just became better. See you at WJ!