Monday, June 13, 2005

Top Ten Ringtones

I take this as evidence that I really am middle-aged and that many trends will just swim on by me in the vast ocean of life, noted but not followed.

As reported in MoCoNews, the "top selling ringtones compiled from internet reports collected and provided by Nielsen Mobile, via BillboardPostPlay". I recognize 2 of the names and am reasonably sure one of the others is a rapper. The rest? Terra incognito as are all the tunes, er, ringtones. I realize I am not even sure if the things listed are tunes or exist only as ringtones.

And I am not the least bit bothered by my lack of knowledge. I just need to know that this type of microcontent is significant enough that there's a weekly "top ten" list for it.

I took a few days off and instead of working my brain, as I do for pay, I worked outside (even though it was very hot and humid here), weeding and planting and trimming--and doing a fair bit of just gazing at plants and birds.

1 comment:

lislemck said...

Don't feel bad, Alane. My ninteen-year-old resident expert only knew five of the songs. Maybe there's niche marketing involved--just not our niche? I recognized eight of the musicians, but none of the tunes. My phone plays Fur Elise, but of course.