Monday, June 06, 2005

Wicked in New York

So I'm back in town after having spent most of last week in New York for a Wicked photo shoot. Wicked meaning the Broadway musical, Wicked.

Gregory Maguire, the writer of the book, Wicked, upon which the musical was based, attributes much of his success to the time he spent in a library when he was young.

So we're making some hay about his great story. We got to meet Gregory and see the show, and meet a wonderful PR staffer, Jennifer, from the New York Public Library. And take in a few sights, of course. I'll upload them if there's anything of interest to loyal IAG readers.

All in all, a fantastic trip and now I'm behind on ALA deadlines!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Around my house the Wicked CD has been played into near oblivion, and we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the traveling production in San Francisco. We were in NYC over Memorial Day weekend, but couldn't afford Wicked tickets due to the outrageous resale market (saw a couple other shows instead). I'm jealous!

Alice said...

Is it just me, or do you spend whole days walking around singing, "Popular...I wanna be Pop-U-lar..."

Just got the photos back today. Fantastic--but we have to buy the rights before I can share...