- The blogosphere is doubling in size every 6 months.
- On average, a new blog is created every second.
- 55% of new bloggers are blogging three months later.
- Technorati now tracks more than 100 Million author-created tags and categories on blog posts.
- The rel-tag microformat has been adopted by a number of the large tool makers, making it easy for people to tag their posts. About 47% of all blog posts have non-default tags or categories associated with them.
Don't get me wrong - I do appreciate how "easy" it is, technically speaking, to now add a tag to my blog post. I have marveled at how tagging has changed the way we think about organizing & retrieving information over the last few years, not to mention its obvious connection to my favorite subject: online community. Seriously, some of my best friends are taggers. Strangely, being a librarian seems (so far) to prevent me from actually becoming one.
Any tips for the tagophobic?