Thursday, March 30, 2006

Nabaztag, the Wi-Fi Rabbit

These aren't new but I might have to have Nabaztag: "I'm a newborn bunny, one of a unique species of intelligent, smart objects. I'm 23 cm tall, I wriggle my ears, I sing, I talk and my body lights up and pulsates with hundreds of colours. Thanks to Wi-Fi technology, I'm always connected to the Internet." Things it does:
Talking Clock, Wake Up Rabbit (music), News Headlines, Weather Forecast, Stock Market, "See" other Rabbits and let you know by moving its ears, speaking or playing music, E-Mail Alerts--and apparently RSS feeds.
It's not really a blogjet or a spime...but it's closer than my laptop is.

They're not available from any place here in the U.S....yet.

UPDATE April 4: Nicholas Nova (pasta&vinegar) has just bought a Nabaztag and he says, "it’s a first step in the world of communicating artifacts."

2 comments:

Eric said...

Nabaztag looks a bit like a cross between Pikachu and the Rabbit of Caerbannog. Hmm...I think I'd rather have an AIBO (though sadly AIBO is going away). The real question is will Nabaztag eat my virtual fish? :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so sure that AIBO will eat all of the virtual fish that we really should begin our own precessing planets