Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ubiquitous Computing and Everyday Life

Three items that caught my attention today on the topic of ubiquitous computing and everyday life.

First, spotted on a blog I've just started reading, pasta and vinegar, a paper [pdf] called "Interweaving Mobile Games with Everyday Life" and a big pdf of a presentation done by Julian Bleeker at the recent eTech Conference, called "Pervasive Electronic Games Theory Objects for Social Play." pasta and vinegar has a summary and links to other comments.

Second, a book by Adam Greenfield, Everyware: The Dawning Age of Ubiqutous Computing. I haven't read this but I've added it to the list. (I am reading Seeing What's Next by Clayton Christensen, and The Art of Innovation by Tom Kelley.)

It's a theme, a meme, a trend...


Eric said...

Great post! I also spotted an interview with Adam Greenfield on Boxes and Arrows.

Andy Havens said...

Also check out Bruce Sterling's concept of "spimes." Objects that can be tagged in SPace and tIME.