Tuesday, March 07, 2006

We're All Gone

Your IAGers are all away from their computers for significant amounts of time this week, for one reason or another. So, blogging will be lighter than usual, I expect.

I was in Nashville over the weekend to speak to attendees of the SirsiDynix Executive Program that preceded their annual SuperConference for users. I had to leave yesterday before Jenny Levine and Aaron Schmidt spoke, unfortunately. But I did hear Patricia Martin and luckily (because I took no notes and my computer was packed), Jenny did too and she blogged Pat's talk which was very good. Pat was one of our panelists at the OCLC Symposium at ALA Midwinter and her talk there was great too (webcasts are here). Plus she's funny.

On Sunday morning, Lee Rainie, Director of the Pew Internet and American Life Project, spoke and I did take notes, but they're on the back of a crossword puzzle that I left at home today. It was a pleasure to meet him as I think the Pew reports are invaluable--certainly several of them figured large in our research and reading for the Environmental Scan--but also because he's a good presenter and nice guy.

Later....

No comments: